The Family Self-Sufficiency Program (FSS) is a career development program that assists HOC residents of Public housing and HCV to achieve self-sufficiency over a five to seven year period toward ending dependency on welfare assistance. HOC’s FSS Program began in 1993.
- Ways to gain, retain and improve employment through Individualized assessment and goal planning
- Resources to gain job skills training and education at all levels to increase earnings
- Individual savings accounts, unique to the FSS Program, resulting from increased earnings
- Case management assistance to help with resources and supports
- Ways to improve money management and credit